Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Monday, September 21, 2015

I Want You to Celebrate

The greatest part of our
happiness depends on our dispositions,
not our circumstances.

                             Martha Washington

My hip replacement surgery is scheduled.
It's been nerve racking.
Still need an appointment with the
cardiologist.  Surgery won't happen
without his clearance. 
Relief mixed with anxiety and fear.

Today, a new feeling entered the horizon.
As part of a whole series of pre-operation 
appointments, I visited my dentist and
hygienist.  Both super wonderful.

My hygienist says, "Are you excited,
I want you to be excited?"

Me:  "I am scared and relieved."

Hygienist: "Understandable."

She continues: "My husband is an orthopedic surgicial
head nurse. It's sounds like a construction site in the OR."
 "I want you to celebrate that is may be a
fresh start to a new life for you."

Totally new spin.  Yes, I will celebrate.
I don't recall a time without pain.  It's
been years since I could walk stairs,
ride a bike, or dance like no one is watching.

I am going to celebrate this journey.

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.