Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Friday, October 10, 2014

Lost it on the Neighbors

It takes a lot for me to blow.
A lot lot.
I'm the type that doesn't think of anything
witty to say
until weeks later.























This evening, I couldn't drive into my happy
garage, so happy to be home garage, because
for the umpteenth time the neighbor
had parked behind our garage to
"unload." 























I waited to see if he was really unloading.
Nothing, nada, nada.
Another car enters the queue.
We live in the middle of a dead end
alley.   

Something inside of me SNAPS.
I start honking like a mad woman.
Insanity possesses me.














He comes out and moves past me. 
I back up and pull into the garage.
But this time I am not going to
to let it go.

My gippy tired body flies
out of the van.
Cussing like a sailor on leave. 
So angry, so tired, so so tired
of people who park in
the clearly marked fire lane.

Mary Stanley pumpkins


















In front of everyone I clearly
lose all decorum. 
Neighbors pour out of their homes. 
Watching the little, obviously deranged,
pumpkin woman lose it.

Yeah, I don't know how
we are going to find
world peace either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.